Old Smith & Wesson Revolver...
Can anybody tell me the exact model number of this pistol, approx. when it was manufactured, and if it would be safe to shoot factory (Remington, Winchester, MagTech) .38 S&W loads? The ammo I'm referring to is the standard 146 Grain Lead Round Nose. Here's the pics of the revolver and ammo in question, any and all comments would be appreciated!!!






Can anybody tell me the exact model number of this pistol, approx. when it was manufactured, and if it would be safe to shoot factory (Remington, Winchester, MagTech) .38 S&W loads? The ammo I'm referring to is the standard 146 Grain Lead Round Nose. Here's the pics of the revolver and ammo in question, any and all comments would be appreciated!!!

3 Comments:
Oh! I had one of those about 20 years ago; it was my grandfather's. Mine was in worse condition thank yours, I think. Least accurate handgun I've ever fired; 18" groups at 15 feet. In mine I never, ever fully loaded it; the pin rests on the primer of the round under the hammer. Or it did on mine.
18" groups at 15 feet, that's not very good at all!
Unless something is worn out, these revolvers have a safety notch or catch on the hammer that is engaged after pulling the hammer back just a few fractions of an inch. Basically if you start to pull the hammer back slowly, you will feel the notch. After you release pressure on the hammer, it should stay in that position, which pulls the firing pin away from the primer. It works on mine anyway, but it could have easily been worn out on your revolver!
Thanks for the comment.
Can you tell me what year this gun is? I just bought one that looks just like it.
Post a Comment
<< Home